Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Vintage Pillowcase Dresses
Here are a couple of vintage pillowcase dresses I made. They are going to Olivia.
I'm sorry, but I don't think I have time to write up my method for sewing these dresses, but these links will lead you to some great tutorials. For the second dress I made it kind of a bubble style by creating a hem and then inserting elastic. I sewed the elastic together and stitched up the opening.
http://www.craftleftovers.com/blog/archives/1971 Mine is similar to this one, I guess. I used bias tape I created around the arm opening and left long ends to use as the ties.