Blank notecard or just card stock cut into a rectangle and folded into a card
Buttons, bows… other embellishments
Squeezable black fabric paint
1) Fold your index card in half. (I cut mine down a bit because my blank card was small.)
2) Draw ½ of the monster on one side of the index card.
3) Cut out the monster.
4) Trace your monster shape onto felt.
7) Trim off thread ends. You can knot them first if you have the time.
9 Add button eyes using tacky glue
10) Cut out felt teeth and glue down.
11) Draw a mouth with the fabric paint.
12) Let dry.
13) Sign in pencil.
14) Write your own message inside and send to your valentine. You could use, "You're Mine....You just don't know it yet" or "Love Bites" for a more cynical approach.
Neato, a neat blog called Felt-o-rama linked to this tutorial. My favorite, Craftzine blog also featured it. I am so excited. Crafty Mishmash is highlighting my tutorial, too. You can also find it at Cut Out + Keep where I added it. It was "featured" on Instructables today, Feb. 12th, 2010. It was included on Totally Tutorials, too. Another artist was inspired by my tute: Altered Artifacts