Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Thrift success - less than $20 for all of these




I went to the Goodwill store today and couldn't resist a whole load of books. Most are for Clayton, but I will be giving away a few. One that is not pictured is a Moosewood Restaurant cookbook that ended up $4.24. (We may end up living in Ithaca, NY next year and we love to eat there) The first photo shows the 84 cent books. (the Pooh book pack had 4 of the 5) The second photo was the 42 cent books (Oh, The Places You Go was $1.69) and the third are the 25 cent books. I got a military discount, so I saved 10 or 15%. Clayton is well stocked with books. Most of his books were thrifted.

Below, is a photograph of a tree outside our house that looked beautiful because it had a quarter inch or so of ice crystals. The day before we went for a walk and saw all kinds of spider webs coated with crystals. Very beautiful. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of those.

No comments: