Thursday, April 30, 2009

Low Fat Brownies


Yesterday I made brownies from a box. (I know- I should make home-made). I bought some flax seed flour to add to smoothies for better health. I used it in the mix INSTEAD of oil. Very strange, but you replace it with a 3 to 1 ratio. So, if the recipe calls for 1/2 cup or oil or butter you can put 1 1/2 cups of the flour. (according to the source on the bottom of this post, you should reduce the flour. Well, because we are high altitude I'm supposed to add 3 tablespoons. Next time I just won't add the flour.) They came out really good. With ice cream, even better.

Here's some more information about the use of flax seeds. http://www.ellies-whole-grains.com/eat-flax-seed.html

1 comment:

Ellie said...

YUMMY!! Sound very delicious and I am so honored that you used my website info! :) Thank you very much! It means A LOT! Beautiful blog you have! Have a lovely day! -Ellie from www.GotFlax.com (same as ellies-whole-grains.com but easier to remember! :)
Blessings!