Thursday, June 25, 2009

CSA Produce!


Last week:

Butter Lettuce and Green Leaf Lettuce:

Several salads including a Santa Fe style with quickly “roasted” corn and onions (didn’t have any black beans).

Sandwiches

Chicken salad tonight and using up the rest of the butter lettuce

Beets:

Roasted the few and planned on doing a Dill-Walnut Vinagrette but I was scared of eating beets.

Spinach and Beet Greens:

Made sautéed with garlic and bacon

Rhubarb:

Made an excellent rhubarb-strawberry pie

Dill-

Potato salad

Homemade dip with corned beef (the store was out of the dried beef I was planning to use, but Clayton loved it)

Tonight I’m going to use it in a recipe for chicken salad with tarragon from my plant. UPDATE: I am eating it right now. It's really yummy.

Cilantro- didn’t get used. Matt’s away and I’m not a big fan of it.

Pastured Eggs- just hard-boiled them tonight and plan to use the garlic scapes I got today to make deviled eggs with bacon.


Plans for This Week:

Baby spinach

Full grown spinach

I’m thinking about making a quiche. I suppose I could make an extra crust tonight to use. Or maybe a breakfast bake. I might be able to make one and then freeze it until Matt gets home. Plus, the girls are coming next week.

Butter Lettuce

Cilantro

2 Types of Kale- plans for Restaurant-Style Zuppa Toscana recipe I found.

-baked Kale chips

Beets- red -roast them and make brownies

Baby white beets- I’m going to make hummus

These are roasting right now.


I was counting on rhubarb this week, so I’ll have to make a plain strawberry pie since I bought strawberries. I’ll probably mix in some frozen black berries and see how that works. I’m planning to make the dough here soon and cook it up tonight. I better get going. Not really what I want to be doing, but I’m worried about the berries going bad.



No comments: